Where technology meets art
Jazz Sampler #1
This is the first of the sampler tapes (both jazz and classical) that IPI will release. The samplers will fulfill two purposes: 1) They provide excerpts for those who wish to know what a particular IPI performance sounds like before purchase of the full tape; 2) They provide a full listening experience for those who want a set of varied performances on one tape.
Sampler #1 consists of:
1. Jason Roebke – Shimmering (one of the best acoustic bass and vibraphone recordings ever) which showcases unusual yet approachable modern Chicago jazz).
2. Bobby Broom — Sweet and Lovely (Chicago guitarist playing gorgeously and captured naturally).
3. Stan Getz/Albert Daley Duets – Getz plays with the superb pianist Albert Daley in a duet that captures Getz at his most intimate.
4. Lee Konitz – The Portland Sessions (brilliant modern European influenced jazz recorded in an ideal auditorium with a custom-made piano accompanying).
5. Jeremy Kahn – Duets (direct to two-track using one custom stereo tube microphone, giving the ultimate in natural sound).
6. Dee Alexander — Magic (Dee is the real deal, from earthy ballads to upscale swing few can match her honest and singular skills. Accompanied brilliantly by Jeremy Kahn on piano).